This award opportunity is for first-time incoming students at the first-year, sophomore or junior level. Each academic department selects two academically gifted undergraduates to receive $3,000 for the academic year, broken down into two $1,500 allocations, to help cover the cost of a room in an SFA residence hall. Commuter students can apply the money toward tuition and fees. You must be admitted to SFA to qualify.
Entering first-year and transfer students must one of the following requirements for the University Regents Scholarship:
- Be in the top 15% of your high school graduating class (verified by transcript or letter from the appropriate high school official).
- Have an SAT combined verbal and quantitative score of at least 1220.
- Submit your writing score on the SAT reasoning.
- Have an ACT composite score of at least 27.
- Submit your writing score.
Transfer students also must have maintained a 3.25 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in all college work.
The University Regents Scholarship is renewable for continuous fall and spring terms — up to eight terms for first-year students, six terms for sophomores and four terms for juniors — as long as you meet all three of the conditions below.
- complete at least 24 semester credit hours each academic year with an earned GPA of at least 3.25
- make appropriate progress each term on the degree requirements in the major from the awarding department
- and receive continuing approval from the department chair and/or appropriate faculty member.