Friday, Nov. 17, 2023
Homer Bryce Stadium
This one-and-only fundraiser each fall is hosted by the SFA Charter School PTO and we're proud to offer exercise as the focus of our fundraising campaign. Students collect financial donations and corporate sponsorships and then walk laps with their classmates and teachers to cap off the event.
Donations allow PTO, a nonprofit group, to pay for:
- the school's learning trip transportation
- tickets to SFA's Children's Performing Arts Series shows
- school T-shirts
- teacher appreciation
- family gatherings
- and many other events that promote a sense of community among our students and staff.
After many years of fundraising, we were able to purchase and install a playground canopy to cover the slides for our younger students! Thank you all for the years of faithful giving to support this endeavor! It has been a great success.
Students are encouraged to seek out at least one local business for a corporate sponsorship by Tuesday, Oct. 31.
We offer several public acknowledgments for sponsorships, which can be considered an advertising expense, and donations are tax deductible.
Additionally, students are encouraged to ask for online donations of any amount and collect checks from family and friends. We ask that students do not go door to door to strangers. Social media is a great tool to share the donation link and instructions, spread the word and boost our fundraising success!
We appreciate your support and each child's participation in what we hope to be our best fundraising year yet!
Go Junior Jacks,
Jordan Wright and Leigh Ann Carver
Walkathon 2023 Co-Chairs
To give online:
- Visit sfasu.edu/cspto.
- Select or enter a gift amount in step 2.
- Enter student and teacher names under “Special Instructions.”
Dates to remember
- Tuesday, Oct. 31
- Collection #1: Return collection envelope in take home folder.
- Sponsor form/donation and additional T-shirt orders also due.
- Tuesday, Nov. 7
- Collection #2: Return collection envelope in take home folder.
- Tuesday, Nov. 14
- Final Collection: Return collection envelope in take home folder.
- Friday, Nov. 17
- Walkathon 2023 at Homer Bryce Stadium
Quick reference guide
- Aim to collect at least one corporate sponsorship. Encourage online donations through the “Give to SFA” webpage. Be mindful of collection dates!
- All donations are tax deductible. Tax receipts are available upon request. Please ensure all information on collection envelopes/forms is accurate and legible.
- PTO provides each student with a free T-shirt the week of the event. To order additional T-shirts for family or friends, order online by Tuesday, Oct. 31.
- Raise at least $50 in donations: Receive raffle entry for a walkathon crew neck sweatshirt. One winner per grade level will be drawn (six total).
- Collect at least one sponsorship: Receive a raffle entry to act as coach Jackie’s assistant PE coach. One winner per grade level will be drawn (six total).
- Raise the most in donations per collection period: Display walkathon spirit stick outside classroom and receive a sweet treat.
- 100% class participation (each student raises any amount): Receive extra outside play.
- Just an incentive to encourage teamwork; regular outside play will still happen regardless if this milestone is reached.