Friday, Nov. 18, 2022 at Homer Bryce Stadium
Letter to families
Dear SFA Charter School Families,
We happily announce plans for our annual walkathon fundraiser:
Friday, Nov. 18, at Homer Bryce Stadium.
The SFA Charter School Parent Teacher Organization hosts this one-and-only fundraiser each fall. While some schools depend on catalog sales, SFA Charter School is proud to offer exercise as the focus of our fundraising campaign. Over the next several weeks, students will collect financial donations and corporate sponsorships and walk laps with their classmates and teachers to cap off the event.
Donations allow PTO, a nonprofit group, to pay for the school’s learning trip transportation, tickets to SFA’s Children’s Performing Arts Series shows, school t-shirts, family gatherings, and many other events that promote a sense of community among our students and staff. We’ve also made significant progress raising money for a sunshade canopy for one of our playgrounds. Is this the same canopy we have been raising funds for over the past three years? The answer is yes! We currently have almost $20,000 saved toward the purchase of the canopy, and with your help for an outstanding fundraiser, we hope to finalize the purchase of this big-ticket item for our school!
A huge way that we can meet this goal is for each student to seek out at least one local business for a corporate sponsorship by Tuesday, Nov. 1. We offer several public acknowledgments for sponsorships, which can be considered an advertising expense, and donations are tax deductible. Additionally, students are encouraged to ask for online donations through the “Give to SFA” webpage and collect checks from family and friends. Please don’t go door-to-door to strangers. Social media is a great tool to share the donation link, spread the word, and boost our fundraising success!
To give online:
- Visit sfasu.edu/cspto.
- Select or enter a gift amount in step 2.
- Enter student and teacher names under “Special Instructions.”
We appreciate your support and each child’s participation in what we hope to be our best fundraising year yet!
Go Junior Jacks,
Jordan Wright and Leigh Ann Carver
Walkathon 2022 Co-Chairs
Dates to remember
- Tuesday, Nov. 1
- Collection #1: Return collection envelope in take home folder.
- Sponsor form/donation and additional T-shirt orders also due.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8
- Collection #2: Return collection envelope in take home folder.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Final Collection: Return envelope in take home folder.
- Friday, Nov. 18
- Walkathon 2022 at Homer Bryce Stadium
Quick reference guide
- Aim to collect at least one corporate sponsorship. Encourage online donations through the “Give to SFA” webpage. Be mindful of collection dates to help your student’s class win a prize. Donations are not dependent on the number of laps walked.
- All donations are tax deductible. Tax receipts are available upon request. Please ensure all information on collection envelopes/forms is accurate and legible.
- PTO provides each student with a free T-shirt the week of the event. To order additional T-shirts, return the order form and payment no later than Tuesday, Oct. Nov. 1.
- Raise at least $50 in donations: Receive raffle entry for an SFA Charter School crew neck sweatshirt. One winner per grade level will be drawn (six total).
- Collect at least one sponsorship: Receive a raffle entry to act as coach Jackie’s assistant PE coach. One winner per grade level will be drawn (six total).
- Raise the most in donations per collection period: Display walkathon spirit stick outside classroom and receive a sweet treat.
- 100% class participation (each student raises any amount): Receive extra outside play.
- Just an incentive to encourage teamwork; regular outside play will still happen regardless if this milestone is reached.