Friday, Nov. 12, 2022 at Homer Bryce Stadium
Thank you to our sponsors!
Bulldog Tire & Service
Caney Creek Moulding, Inc.
Dr. Anna Shirley, DDS
Economics Reading Group
Nacogdoches Pediatric Dentistry
RV Outfitters of Texas
Pineywoods Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Scott Bird State Farm
T-5 Tree Service
Boatman Tire & Service
Canessa Maness Cleaning Service
Charles Pool Real Estate
Cofer & Connelly, PLLC
Commercial Bank of Texas
Cornerstone Finance & Leasing
Drs. Steven and Michaela Overturf
Fairchild, Price, Hailey & Smith, LLP
Jackie and Ashley Chandler
Nacogdoches Subways Inc.
Raguet Child Care, LLC
Rene's Lawn Care, LLC
Samuel Dental Center
The Car Doctor
Letter to families
Dear SFA Charter School Families,
We happily announce plans for our annual walkathon fundraiser Friday, Nov. 12, at Homer Bryce Stadium.
The SFA Charter School Parent Teacher Organization hosts this one-and-only fundraiser each fall. While some schools depend on catalog sales, SFA Charter School is proud to offer exercise as the focus of our fundraising campaign. Over the several weeks, students will collect financial donations and corporate sponsorships, and walk laps with their classmates and teachers to cap off the event.
Donations allow PTO, a nonprofit group, to pay for the school’s learning trips, author visits and family-friendly gatherings, which promote a sense of community among our students and staff members. We’ve also made significant progress raising money for a sunshade canopy for one of our playgrounds. As the temperature of the playground equipment increases, students risk burning their hands. The canopy can help keep our kids and their outdoor play equipment safe. We hope to finalize the purchase of this big ticket item, as well as continue to fund activities for students and our beloved staff members, with our fundraising this year.
While COVID-19 has redefined our “normal,” we are confident we can host this event safely and successfully. School administration continues to monitor the local public health situation and will adjust plans for the walkathon accordingly.
We ask students to seek out at least one local business for a corporate sponsorship by Tuesday, Oct. 26. We offer several public acknowledgments for sponsorships, which can be considered an advertising expense, and donations are tax deductible. Additionally, students are encouraged to ask for online donations through the “Give to SFA” webpage and collect checks from family and friends (please don’t go door-to-door to strangers). Social media is a great tool to share the donation link, spread the word, and boost our fundraising success.
To give online:
- Visit sfasu.edu/cspto.
- Select or enter a gift amount in step 2.
- Enter student and teacher names under “Special Instructions.”
We appreciate your support for what’s sure to be another successful walkathon!
Go Junior Jacks,
Abby Taylor & Jordan Wright
Walkathon 2021 Co-Chairs
Dates to remember
- Tuesday, Oct. 26
- Collection #1: Return collection envelope in take home folder.
- Sponsor form/donation and additional T-shirt orders also due.
- Tuesday, Nov. 2
- Collection #2: Return collection envelope in take home folder.
- Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Final Collection: Return envelope in take home folder.
- Friday, Nov. 12
- Walkathon 2021 at Homer Bryce Stadium
Quick reference guide
- Aim to collect at least one corporate sponsorship. Encourage online donations through the “Give to SFA” webpage. Be mindful of collection dates to help your student’s class win a prize. Donations are not dependent on the number of laps walked.
- All donations are tax deductible. Tax receipts are available upon request. Please ensure all information on collection envelopes/forms is accurate and legible.
- PTO provides each student with a free T-shirt the week of the event. To order additional T-shirts, return the order form and payment no later than Tuesday, Oct. 26.
- Raise at least $50 in donations: Receive raffle entry for an SFA Charter School crew neck sweatshirt. One winner per grade level will be drawn (six total).
- Collect at least one sponsorship: Receive a raffle entry to act as coach Jackie’s assistant PE coach. One winner per grade level will be drawn (six total).
- Raise the most in donations per collection period: Display walkathon spirit stick outside classroom and receive a sweet treat.
- 100% class participation (each student raises any amount): Receive extra outside play.
- Just an incentive to encourage teamwork; regular outside play will still happen regardless if this milestone is reached.