Motivated, skilled sales professionals have opportunities for growth and rapid advancement in some of the most financially rewarding professions available to new college graduates.
A minor in sales provides students with the concepts, tools and practices used in the professional fields of personal selling and management. When you choose the sales minor, you’ll learn the skills necessary to kick-start a thriving and rewarding career. The sales minor combines a foundation in business and marketing with sales skills, including managing a sales team and creating and delivering sales presentations.
This minor requires 18 hours, at least nine hours must be completed at SFA,. You also must have a minimum 2.0 GPA at SFA and a grade of C or higher in MKTG 3351.
A minor in sales consists of:
- MKTG 3351 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 3353 - Personal Selling
- MKTG 4356 - Sales Management
Plus nine advanced semester hours from:
- MKTG 3355 - Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 3358 - Sports Marketing
- MKTG 3360 - Marketing of Services
- MKTG 4325 - Systems and Internet Marketing
- MKTG 4354 - Business-to-Business Marketing
Three semester hours from:
- MGMT 3383 - Purchasing and Materials Management
- MKTG 4175 - Special Problems in Marketing
- MKTG 4186 - Internship in Marketing