September 17, 2021
Staff Council formation and communication
Your Staff Council is hard at work on the following initiatives this fall:
- drafting and approving our organizational bylaws, which will govern the work of the council and provide the framework within which we operate
- developing a mission statement
- crafting goals for the council’s first year.
As your elected representatives begin the work of formalizing the creation of the Staff Council, we encourage you to stay informed, to be involved and to utilize this important group to serve the needs of our staff community.
One easy way to stay informed is to sign up for Staff Council JackText alerts to be sent to your mobile phone. Here’s how to sign up:
- Log in to mySFA.
- Click the Resources tab.
- Under Technical Services and Email Lists, click the link for Self-Service Banner.
- On the new page, click the Personal Information tab.
- Click the link for JackText.
If you have not signed up for JackText:
- Choose Add a cell phone and click Submit.
- When you fill out the next page, ensure you click the box beside Staff Council Notifications near the bottom.
If you previously signed up for JackText:
- Choose Modify a cell phone and click Submit.
- On the next page, choose the cellphone number you want to update.
- On the next page, ensure you click the box beside Staff Council Notifications near the bottom.