Committed to quality
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Computer Science Program Criteria. The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), is the recognized accreditor of college and university programs in applied science, computing, engineering and technology. ABET accreditation demonstrates our program's commitment to providing its students with an education that meets the quality standards of the profession.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates possess a broad-based general education and an in-depth understanding of computer science sufficient to provide a foundation for professional competence and advanced study in the computing field.
- Graduates have sufficient knowledge, skills and insights to make important contributions in the computing field.
- Graduates can think critically, communicate effectively and learn independently in the workplace or in graduate school.
Student achievement of the above objectives are enabled by the following outcomes:
Student Achievement Outcomes
- An ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- An ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed and equitable judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
Additional Outcomes: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- An ability to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Additional Outcomes: Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- An ability to support the delivery, use and management of information systems within an information systems environment.