Pearson Vue Information Technology exams are offered daily at SFA.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required because space is limited. You must pre-register for Pearson Vue exams online at home.pearsonvue.com/. If you wish to register by telephone, visit the Pearson Vue website and ‘Select the Program’ you need. Unofficial test results are usually available the same day.
Place: Thomas J. Rusk Building, Room 328
Time: Varies, pre-registration is required
Cost: Varies by exam sponsor
Bring: Two forms of current identification (one primary ID, one secondary ID - see below)
- All identification must be non-expired and must be an original document; photocopies or faxes are not permitted. The primary identification must contain a permanently affixed name, photograph and a signature and must be valid (not expired).
- Individual exam sponsor requirements will differ. Always check the sponsor’s website for details.
- The secondary ID must contain your signature.
- All identification must be signed prior to arriving at the test center; it is not acceptable for you to sign your identification during check-in for your exam.
Universally Accepted Forms of Candidate Identification
- U.S. Passport Card
- U.S. Military ID (including military ID for spouses and dependents)
Acceptable Forms of Primary Identification (name, photograph, signature, non-expired)
- Government-issued Driver’s License
- U.S. Department of State Driver’s License
- National/State/Country Identification Card
- Passport cards
- Military ID
- Alien Registration Card (Green Card, Permanent Resident Visa)
- Employee ID
- School ID
- credit card*
Acceptable forms of secondary ID (name, signature, not expired)
- U.S. Social Security Card
- Debit/(ATM) Card
- Credit Card
- any form of ID on the primary list
*A note about credit cards: A credit card can be used as a primary form of ID only if it contains both a photo and a signature and is not expired. Any credit card can be used as a secondary ID as long as it contains a signature and is not expired. This includes major credit cards, such as VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. It also includes department store and gasoline credit cards.
Prohibited items in the testing room
You are not permitted to bring personal items into the testing room:
- Outerwear (Coats and Jackets) – This includes overcoats, windbreakers, down jackets, rain jackets/slickers, etc. Sweaters, sweatshirts (without hoods), and blazers are allowed.
- Jewelry (jewelry that is wider than 1/4” is not permitted)
- Cell phones or pagers
- Purses, wallets and watches
- hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) or other electronic devices
- Briefcases, backpacks or bags
- Notes, notebooks, study guides
- Calculators – unless allowed by test sponsor
- Dictionaries, including language translation dictionaries – unless allowed by test sponsor
- Pens and pencils belonging to the candidate
- Water bottles, inhalers, contact lens solution, eye drops and lip balm (such as Chap Stick). These items are prohibited unless specifically approved by the exam sponsor as accommodations.
- food, drink, gum, candy and all tobacco products
- weapons of any kind (guns, knives, etc. including realistic ‘toy’ weapons)
Items Permitted in the testing room
- Layered indoor clothing (sweaters, sweatshirts without hoods, blazers, suit coats or any other layered clothing that is part of an outfit.
Break policies are established by the exam sponsor. While you are taking a break, you are permitted to access personal items that you stored during the exam only if necessary – for example, if you need to take medication at a specific time. You are not allowed access to other items, including cellular phones, exam notes and study guides, unless the exam sponsor specifically permits this.
Accommodations for Examinees with Disabilities:
If you require accommodations based on a professionally diagnosed and documented disability, you may submit documentation to support your request to your exam sponsor. All documentation must be submitted well in advance of your preferred testing date.
Find more information about Pearson Vue exams at home.pearsonvue.com/.
5601 Green Valley Drive
Bloomington, MN 55437