If you're interested in obtaining services in the community, we suggest the following resources:
- Most insurance carriers have referrals for mental health and substance abuse counseling centers.
- SFA's Health Services
- Primary care physicians
- Referral from family or friends
- Nacogdoches United Way
- Texas Health and Human Services
- Texas Counseling Association
- Search for licensed professional counselors throughout Texas and the United States
Togetherall: Free 24/7 peer mental health support
All students (over the age of 16) now have access to a free, online peer-to-peer mental health community called Togetherall that is accessible 24/7/365 from any device with an internet connection.
Signing up is easy — visit TogetherAll.com and use your SFA student email address to register as a member of a university or college. It takes five minutes and you’ll have immediate access to support.
- Togetherall is a safe and anonymous online space where you can go if you’re feeling down, struggling to cope or just want to talk to people who understand what you’re going through.
- Members don’t use their real names, so it allows you to share how you’re feeling more openly.
Togetherall is monitored 24/7 by clinicians to ensure the platform stays safe, inclusive and open to everyone. Members can post about their experiences without fear of negative comments and reach out for professional support if needed.
- Whether you want to get advice, tips or just want someone to listen outside of your friendship group, Togetherall is available to you. You too may be able to help others.
- The service is free and allows you to get support, take control and feel better — all in a way that is most comfortable to you.
Groups for connection
- You can connect with others that have real life experience, or access free self-guided courses, self-assessments or other well-being resources.
Togetherall also has a dedicated customer service team. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and the team can help support you with any specific questions or technical issues you may have.