Skip to main content

Why Live on Campus?

It’s been proven that students who live on campus have higher GPAs and graduation rates.


Emergency situations

Emergencies include life-threatening situations, fires, floods, exposed electrical wires or danger to life or property.

  • Report emergencies to the University Police Department at 936.468.9111 and a Residence Life staff member. 
Non-emergency, high-priority situations

High-priority situations include being locked out of your room, HVAC (air conditioning/heating) repairs, water leaks, plumbing stoppages or light bulb replacement.

  • 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday: report these directly to Residence Life Operations at 936.468.6602.
  • Weekends and university closures: contact the University Police Department at 936.468.9111.
Non-emergency situations

Residents are obligated to report any maintenance problems or safety hazards. Submit a work request online or visit your residence hall's front desk. Maintenance personnel are on duty 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Key resources for our residents

We want our residents to feel at home, connect with their peers and succeed in the classroom. If you can't find what you need below, stop by your residence hall's front desk or email

Request to change roommate or residence hall

Roommate changes

Contact your community assistant for help mediating the problem or facilitating a room change.

Residence hall changes

Transfers to different buildings occur on facility transfer days. Information regarding these days and instructions are sent to your mySFA email account.

Staying over the holidays

Available one to two weeks before a holiday break, Residence Life offers an online request for students who need to stay over the holidays. 

  1. Log in to mySFA.
  2. Select the "Campus Life" tab.
  3. Select "Residence Life Services" and log in using your mySFA credentials.
  4. Choose the "Break Housing Request" link and complete the form.

Once your request and availability is confirmed, the appropriate additional charges will be posted to your eBill.

Staying another year

If you're a first-year student living in a first-year-only residence hall, you will need to select a new residence hall for the upcoming year. When you renew your housing contract in April, choose a new room in an eligible residence hall on your designated day.

If you’re a non-first-year student, you have the option to stay in the same room next year. In fact, renewing your housing contract in April will automatically renew the same room. Changes can be made for the upcoming year on your designated day.

Work on campus

Residence Life has jobs tailored for student workers who want to help fellow Lumberjacks. Find available jobs with Residence Life, or explore all opportunities for student employment at SFA.

Things to know:
  • Applications and résumés are only accepted through the job posting.
  • All communication will be sent through your mySFA email — check it regularly!
  • If you're selected for an interview with Res Life, business casual attire is expected.
  • All student employment positions at SFA must follow HOP policy 04-117.

Summer housing

While students aren't required to live on campus during the summer term, summer housing is available in specific residence halls for students who are enrolled in at least one class during any of the summer parts of term (Maymester, summer I, summer II or full summer).



Take a look at the frequently asked questions in our FAQ section. If you need more information, email

Contact Residence Life

Open: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Call: 936.468.2601
Fax: 936.468.5818
Visit: Rusk Building, Room 332
Staff Directory

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 13054, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962