Skip to main content

Future jacks

If I cancel my housing application, will I get my deposit back?

Yes, you'll get your full deposit back if you cancel your housing application through mySFA before the semester cancellation deadline. Your residence hall deposit will be credited to your account four to six weeks after cancellation or at the end of the semester.

Upcoming SemesterCancellation Deadline
FallJune 1
SpringDec. 20


When do students select their residence hall / room?

You will be eligible to select your room after you've been admitted to the university. We'll send instructions on room selection to your SFA email account.

What if I didn't get a room in my first-choice building?

If your first choice is full, you'll need to select a different room on campus.

If you change your mind about the room you requested, you can select a different room through the "Select-a-Space" option on mySFA (click the Residence Life Services link.)

What is the cost to join a Residential Learning Community?

There is no additional cost to join an RLC beyond the normal semesterly rate for your room.

If I join an RLC, can I still pick my roommate?

Yes, but you will need to pick from within the same Residential Learning Community.

Can I join an RLC after submitting my housing application?

Yes, if there are still spots available in the RLC of interest.

If you have already completed your housing application and would like to join an RLC:

  1. Log in to your mySFA account.
  2. Select the "Campus Life" tab.
  3. Select "Residence Life Services" and log in using your mySFA credentials.
  4. Click the "View/Change Your Application" link.
  5. Select the "Residential Learning Communities" tab.
  6. Follow the prompts to indicate your interest and select your preferred RLC.

Planning your move in

What are the dimensions of the rooms?

Are pets allowed?

Pets are not allowed except for nonaquatic birds in cages and fish in aquariums no larger than 10 gallons. Emotional support animals should be approved prior to arrival via special accommodations.

View a full list of what should be left at home.

Can I bring my vehicle and/or bicycle?


Yes, but you’ll need to buy a parking permit.


Yes, but you’ll want to register it with the University Police Department for identification purposes. There is no charge for this service.

Are lofts allowed in the residence halls?

View your residence hall's room dimension details for information regarding whether the beds in your unit can be bunked.

For units with bunkable beds, consider the following before making changes:

  • Both residents must be moved in and agree on the change.
  • Determine how high or low you want the beds raised or lowered (count the notches).
  • All unit residents must be present when beds are being bunked or unbunked.
  • The beds must be free of all personal items (including linens), and the floor must be clear.

Our staff members can help with bunking, unbunking or adjusting the height of the beds — ask for help at the residence hall's front desk.

Current residents

How do I connect my computer to the internet?

Wireless internet service is provided in all residence halls.

Call 936.468.HELP(4357) or visit Information Technology Service's Help Desk portal for assistance connecting. When using the online portal, you may need to use your mySFA login credentials to view all available support topics.

What is the best way to get letters and packages?

As an on-campus resident, you're charged a post office box rental fee on your eBill, giving you access to your own PO box at the SFA Post Office in the Baker Pattillo Student Center.

You can log in to find your post office box information by using your mySFA credentials.

Student mail should be addressed to:

Student’s Full Name
P.O. Box XXXXXX, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962

What happens if I lose my key?

You will need to put in a work order to have the room lock changed. The charge for the replacement will be added to your eBill.

If you lose your student ID and can't get into your building or room, visit the Graphic Shop in the Baker Pattillo Student Center to have another ID card made.

Contact Residence Life

Open: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Call: 936.468.2601
Visit: Lumberjack Village Community Center, Room 108
Staff Directory

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 13054, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962