A $1 million endowment to our Purple Promise program from the University of Texas System raised the qualifying income threshold from $30,000 to $80,000*. This expansion makes our program available to hundreds more students. Read more on UT's website.
The Purple Promise Guarantee Program guarantees coverage of tuition and mandatory fees (for up to 15 semester credit hours) after all federal, state and institutional grants, scholarships, exemptions, benefits and waivers are applied. Tuition and mandatory fees that are not covered by these programs will be covered by the Purple Promise Guarantee Program.
The program is only available to first-time, first-year students. Advanced placement or dual credit that counts toward the degree and courses taken in the summer preceding SFA enrollment will not prevent consideration of first-time students. Incoming transfer students are not eligible for the program. The Purple Promise program will only cover up to four years toward your undergraduate degree.
Students don't have to apply for the program — funds will be automatically applied to those who qualify based on the requirements listed below.
- Be a Texas resident
- Be a “dependent student” as defined by FAFSA
- Have a combined family adjusted gross income of $80,000 or less, based on the information you enter on your FAFSA
- Demonstrate financial need
- Complete all financial aid application requirements by June 1 before the application period, includuing:
- admission to SFA as a regular degree-seeking student
- financial aid office must receive your valid FAFSA
- financial aid office must receive all required verification documents, if requested.
- Complete at least 30 credit hours each consecutive academic year with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.2
Purple Promise does not cover tuition and fees for summer semesters.
*The increased income threshold applies to new first-year students only.