You can register for the GMAT at www.mba.com or call GMAT Customer Service at (800) 717-4628. When scheduling your test appointment, be sure that the spelling of your name and the date of birth you provide match EXACTLY the name and date of birth printed on the identification you will present at the test center. If this information does not match, you will NOT be admitted and you will forfeit your entire test fee.
Cost is presently $275. Visit the GMAT website to obtain current information about test and service fees.
- You must present acceptable and valid original identification (ID) to be admitted to the test center. If you do not present appropriate ID, you will not be admitted to the test center and will forfeit your entire test fee.
- You must present government-issued identification that is current (not expired), legible, bear your name in the Roman alphabet exactly as provided when you made your test appointment. Your identification must be an original ID (no photocopies).
- Your identification must also include a recent recognizable photograph, your signature, and the date of birth you provided at registration.
- If you are testing outside your country of citizenship, you must present your passport.
Acceptable forms of ID
- Government-issued driver’s license
- Government-issued national/state/province identity card (including European ID card)
- Military ID card
- Laminated government issued learner’s permit (U.S. only)
- Permanent resident/green card (U.S. only)
- Cellular phones, beepers, cameras, and all photographic, communication, computer and electronic devices are strictly prohibited in the testing room.
- Food, drinks, gum, candy and all tobacco products are not permitted in the testing room.
- You are not allowed to access your cell phone, notes or study materials during the test, including during your breaks.
- The GMAT is a computer adaptive test; you are not able to review or revise responses to previously answered questions.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your schedule GMAT appointment.
- To access the GMATPrep software, visit www.mba.com/gmatprep
- Dress in layers so you can adapt to variations in room temperatures
- Personal items such as watches, wallets, purses, hats, bags or coats, etc. are not allowed in the testing room.
Accommodated Testing for Students with Disabilities
Testing accommodations are available for examinees with disabilities that meet certain criteria and provide proper documentation. Download the Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or request a copy from GMAT Customer Service at (800) 717-4628. Accommodation approval takes three to four weeks and must be obtained prior to scheduling a GMAT appointment.
Find more information about GMAT Testing by reading the GMAT Information Bulletin.