Be a part of SFA's next 100 years in the making! SFA's centennial design competition invites past, present and future Lumberjacks to submit your artwork for a chance to see your design come to life on official SFA centennial merchandise.
View the competition details and rules below. Please note: the deadline for making a submission is Aug. 6.
Participation is broken into three age groups:
- Children: individuals up to 10 years of age
- Teens: individuals aged 11 through 17
- Adults: anyone 18 or older
- Participants in all age groups will use the centennial logo coloring page design.
- Once downloaded, you may print and hand draw, color or digitally design anywhere on the sheet/file.
- For digital designs in the Adults category, participants are encouraged to use official SFA colors.
- All categories are encouraged to use purple as one of the primary colors in the design.
- To submit your piece into the official competition:
- email a high-resolution photo, scan or digital file of the finished piece to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- or send the photo, scan or digital file via direct message to any of SFA's flagship social media accounts.
- Artwork must be received before 5 p.m. on Aug 6.
Designs will be presented to contest judges anonymously and will be judged based on:
- Use of purple
- Spirit of SFA
- Overall appeal
- One winner will be chosen from each of the three age groups and announced on SFA's social media channels.
- Once announced, SFA will produce one type of merchandise for each of the chosen pieces of artwork. The Children category will design for a T-shirt, the Teens category will design for a mug and the Adults category will design for a commemorative poster.
- Winners will be guaranteed to receive a minimum of one piece of merchandise on which their artwork will be produced. Winners will be announced on social media following selection by the centennial committee.
When available, mock-ups of the merchandise featuring the winning designs will be posted on social media, along with a link for those who would like to make a purchase.
*Disclaimer: Winners will be asked to sign an agreement to grant Stephen F. Austin State University a license to use and reproduce the artwork, such as through the production of merchandise. Once winners are announced, the artist and/or their legal guardian will be emailed the agreement to sign.