Honorlock is SFA’s online proctoring provider for all distance education courses. (Distance education courses include those with an online, livestream, hybrid or hyflex instructional method.)
Honorlock is integrated with Brightspace by D2L and features:
- an easy-to-use interface for both faculty and students
- a combination of AI proctoring software and human proctors who are trained to support students
- time-stamped exam recordings for faculty review
- and robust 24/7/365 support for faculty and students.
Honorlock is available for use for up to three high-stakes assessments per distance education course section per semester. Planning to use Honorlock in your distance education courses? Request that the tool be added to the appropriate course sections in Brightspace by completing the Brightspace Support Form.
While the product is free to students, each testing instance generates a cost for our institution. Please be judicious and use Honorlock only for high-stakes assessments (e.g. exams).
Bear in mind that adjusting quiz settings, such as randomizing quiz questions and answer choices appropriately in Brightspace, can do a great deal to protect the security and integrity of assessments.
Resources for Students
- Honorlock Support – This is a very helpful page to share with students before an exam, as they can check to make sure their devices meet system requirements, as well as start a chat with the Honorlock support team.
- Honorlock Student FAQ – This page answers common student questions and includes links to additional resources students may need.
- How to Use Honorlock (Student Video)
- Honorlock Student Privacy Statement
Resources for Faculty
Resources for All
- Honorlock Support – Start a chat with the Honorlock support team any time, 24/7. Support is available both for faculty and students.
- Honorlock Standard Exam Guidelines – includes information on the guidelines proctors follow regarding the testing area and testing behavior.
- Honorlock Knowledge Base
- Honorlock Status Page
Need Help? Contact Us
Have questions about Honorlock? Contact the Brightspace Support Team by phone at 936.468.1919, via email at email@example.com, in our virtual lab or in person in room 208 of the Steen Library.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday