Campus Alert

Weather Alert. Click here for more information..

Stephen F. Austin State University

Diploma Replacement

Ordering Additional/Replacement Diplomas

SFA accepts requests for additional/replacement diplomas after the conferral of the degree to the transcript. Forms of payment accepted are debit/credit card, cash, or money order. Required for all orders will be a copy of a valid picture ID and a physical signature (no electronic signature accepted).

Diploma Notarization

Diploma FAQs

My copy was received damaged. What do I do?
A damaged diploma may be returned to the Office of the Registrar (see label on diploma tube for return address) for a free replacement. Include a note stating why the diploma is being returned and a valid address if the mailing address has changed.
How do I get an apostille on my diploma to work overseas?
  • Order a replacement diploma and indicate "YES" when asked if notarization is needed. The university's notary statement satisfies the requirements of the Texas Secretary of State Authentications Unit for the apostille process.
  • Send the notarized diploma to the Texas Secretary of State for the apostille statement.
  • If the Office of the Registrar will be responsible for sending the diploma to the Texas Secretary of State, include the following items:
    • Paperwork required by the Texas Secretary of State
    • Payment
    • Self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the diploma
      • Envelope size depends on whether the diploma can be folded.
      • Current diploma size: 11 in. x 14 in.