Account updates for current and former students
Legal name change
Requests for legal name changes must be made in person or by mail, using the contact information at the bottom of this page. Requests made by mail must be notarized.
The following documentation is required for legal name changes:
- Legal Name Change form (PDF)
- If submitting by mail, form must be notarized.
- Photocopy of a driver's license and Social Security card
- May substitute passport, court order or state ID card for one of the two documents.
- For non-U.S. citizens: Current passport or official proof of identity, certified by U.S. embassy abroad or by the appropriate foreign embassy in the U.S.
All legal names on the provided documentation must match.
Log in to mySFA and select the “Update Address and Phone” link under My Contact Info on your homepage.
Submit PDF form
The Address Change form (PDF) can be submitted in person with a photo ID, or by mail, using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Note: Forms sent by mail must be notarized and a photocopy of your photo ID must be included)
Social Security number update
If for any reason you should need to update your Social Security number with SFA, you will need to visit the Office of the Registrar in person, using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Bring a copy of your Social Security card and photo ID to have your student record updated.
Update gender marker
Requests for gender marker updates must be made in person, by mail or via email, using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
The following documentation is required:
- Gender Market Update form (PDF)
- If submitting in person, bring a photo ID.
- If submitting by mail or email, the form must be notarized.
- Official State of Texas document, such as a driver's license
- Also may use a state ID card, birth certificate or passport
Return information is listed at the top of the form.