The Office of Environmental Health, Safety and Risk Management will provide active leadership to enable Stephen F. Austin State University to protect employees, students, the general public, and the university's physical and financial assets by reducing and controlling risk in the most efficient and cost-effective manner while adhering to all local, state and federal regulations.
We stress safety because it affects you, your work and the general well-being of all employees at the university.
- Excellence: We encourage excellence and strive to go beyond compliance, promoting the best safety practices.
- Customer Service: We are committed to providing efficient, customer-friendly service to the university community.
- Continuous Improvement: We recognize that improvement is a continuous process. We strive to be at the forefront of changes in our field.
- Safety training
- Safety inspections
- University insurance (property, general liability, automobile, crime, boiler and machinery, directors and officers) - see Policy 13.19 Risk Management
- Workers' Compensation coverage - see Policy 12.23 Workers' Compensation Coverage
- Drug and alcohol testing - see Policy 11.6 Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Asbestos removal- see Policy 13.4 Asbestos Management
- Fire extinguisher service / Fire drills
- Construction, renovation, alteration consultation (local, state and federal regulations)
- Environmental protection
- Hazardous materials disposal