Major Consulting Contract Request
To be used for consulting contracts for which it is reasonably foreseeable the value of the contract will exceed $25,000. Please see university policy 17.12 Professional and Consulting Services. The following procedure should be followed in order to comply with statutory requirements:
Major Consulting Contract Request Form University Policy - Professional and Consulting Services - 17.12
1. At least 60 days prior to entering a major consulting contract, the Major Consulting Contract Request Form should be completed and forwarded to the Office of the General Counsel. The form provides the necessary information for a finding by the President. The justification for the contract needs to be substantial.
2. The information will be provided by the General Counsel's Office to the President for his approval and finding.
3. At least 30 days prior to entering into a major consulting contract, an invitation for consultants to provide offers will be published in the Texas Register by the General Counsel's Office.
4. When the contract is executed, the department should forward a fully executed copy to the General Counsel's office so that a notice can be published in the Texas Register.
5. When the contract has been completed copies of any report or other deliverable generated if any and to the extent required by statute will be forwarded to the Texas State Library.