Concentration tailored to your interests
As an agriculture student at SFA, you can choose an animal science concentration that aligns with your interests and career goals. Have you always dreamed of working with horses? Our equine emphasis is a good choice.
Transformative, real-world experiences
At SFA, we believe that to truly learn agriculture, our students need to get out of the classroom and work with plants, animals and equipment. Internships and community service projects are a critical part of an agricultural education - some of the best learning experiences happen outside of the lecture hall.
As an animal science student, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of hands-on learning activities, including:
- getting involved in student-run events like annual artificial insemination clinics
- learning about the equine skeleton through active learning
- and completing exciting internships and community outreach projects.
Bachelor of Science in agriculture, concentration in animal science, equine emphasis
Students who choose the equine emphasis will graduate prepared to pursue career paths such as:
- Riding instructor
- Equine veterinary technician
- Mounted police officer
- Broadmare manager
- Barn manager
- Horse trainer
- Horse breeder
- Equine communications or agrotourism professional
- Equine nutritionist
*See the Undergraduate Bulletin for additional details, guidelines and requirements.