Fast-growing careers begin here
What can you do with a degree in agriculture? More than you think. Interested in designing agriculture machinery, structures or environments? Consider a concentration in agricultural engineering technology. Looking for a rewarding career in education? We offer two certification programs that will prepare you for a career as a high school agricultural science teacher or a county extension agent. Do you want to work with animals or plants? You can study horticulture, poultry science or animal science - you can even prepare for veterinary school.
No matter what you choose to study, your time as an agriculture student at SFA will provide you with a combination of knowledge and hands-on experience that will give you a competitive edge when you’re ready to launch your career.
Degrees and areas of study offered
Students interested in a degree in agriculture can choose the following concentrations and degree programs:
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Concentration in agribusiness
- Concentration in agricultural development
- Teaching certification track included
- Concentration in agricultural engineering technology
- Optional teaching certification track
- Concentration in animal science
- Concentration in animal science - equine emphasis
- Concentration in animal science - pre-veterinary
- Concentration in horticulture
- Concentration in poultry science
An minor in agriculture also is available. See the Undergraduate Bulletin for additional details, guidelines and requirements.
Master of Science