March 24, 2022
Virtual Symposium hosted on Zoom
Deadline to submit: March 12, 2022
Stephen F. Austin State University is expanding its Women’s and Gender Studies Symposium by coordinating with Kilgore College and Angelina College to bring together academic and creative work from students from the three institutions.
Undergraduate and graduate students who have conducted research related to gender or women’s studies are welcome to submit their projects. Presentation formats include paper, panel, roundtable discussion, scholarly poster, performance and visual art.
As an interdisciplinary symposium, we encourage submissions from across the spectrum. Topics might include but are not limited to:
- Social justice, Black Lives Matter, #SayHerName
- #MeToo and gender inequality
- The legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Amy Coney Barrett, Supreme Court decisions related to women and gender
- The centennial of the 19th Amendment
- Voter suppression, 2020 elections, including Vice President Kamala Harris, women in Congress
- The Biden administration, and women and LGBTQ representation
- Issues related to women and gender in literature and the arts
- Women, gender or LGBTQ topics related to media (film, television, music)
- Gamergate, gaming, virtual reality
- Women in nontraditional roles, women in the sciences, women in the military
- Issues related to women or LGBTQ populations in COVID-19, health care and medical humanities
Submit a proposal
Proposals should be submitted online.
Attend the symposium
Call 936.468.1229 for access to the Zoom meeting.
For more information, contact Linda Levitt at firstname.lastname@example.org.