Pre-registration is required because space is limited. You must call (936) 468-3958 to schedule your TCEQ Test(s).
Place: Thomas Rusk Building, Room 328, 2008 Alumni Drive, Nacogdoches, TX 75962
Time: You must call (936) 468-3958 to schedule your TCEQ licensing exams.
Cost: $30 (Cash, check, money order payable to SFA, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express)
What to Bring: Payment and valid photo identification with signature
Identification Requirements: Current, valid (not-expired) driver’s license or another valid government issued I.D. with photo and signature
The following examinations are currently available through the computer-based testing system:
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester
- Customer Service Inspector
- Groundwater Operator (Class B and C)
- Landscape Irrigation Inspector
- Landscape Irrigation Technician
- Leaking Petroleum Storage Tank (LPST) Corrective Action Project Manager
- Municipal Solid Waste [Class A (4 hours) and B (2 hours)]
- On-site Sewage Facilities (OSSF) Installer I and II
- OSSF Designated Representative
- OSSF Maintenance Provider
- Surface Water Operator (Class B and C)
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) On-site Supervisor Classes A and B (those seeking the A/B combo must pass both A & B exam)
- Wastewater Collections Operator (Class I, II and III)
- Wastewater Operator (Class B, C, and D)
- Water Distribution Operator (Class B and C)
- Water Operator [Class A (6 hours) and D]
- Water Treatment Specialist (Class I, II, and III)
All licensing candidates must be pre-approved by the TCEQ before candidates are eligible to take a CBT test. Once approved, the candidate will be eligible to attempt a total of four tests during a one-year approval period (initial test plus up to three retests). Only eligible tests for that individual will be available for them to take. The CBT application will not allow an individual access to a licensing test if he/she is not eligible to retest.
Candidates can retest once, immediately, if they fail the initial test, but must return on a separate day to attempt any additional of their 4 test attempts.
- cell phones
- watch alarms
- any handheld electronic or photographic devices are NOT allowed to be used during the test or during breaks
Exceptions to Unauthorized Aids
The following articles can be used during TCEQ tests:
- A pencil or pen (supplied by the candidate or the testing center)
- Scratch paper (to be provided by the proctor, monitored, and collected before the candidate leaves the test center, whether blank or used)
- A non-programmable calculator
- Candidates for all levels of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Supervisor examinations can bring and use training manuals, notes, copies of rules, etc. These are open book examinations. MSW supervisors manage facilities like landfills and are NOT wastewater-related.