Get out of the classroom. Gain valuable experience.
At SFA, we believe that the best way to study environmental science is to get out into the environment. That’s why we have so many outdoor laboratory experiences and off campus field trips. We also strongly encourage our students to complete paid summer internships to gain additional valuable experience.
Here are just a few examples of internships and activities that will be available to you as you pursue an environmental science degree at SFA:
- Attend Texas Association of Environmental Professionals or North Texas Association of Environmental Professionals luncheon meetings and conferences.
- Participate in mock interviews and attend a mock business dinner.
- Assist with faculty and graduate student research projects.
- Get involved with undergraduate research opportunities.
- Consider study abroad opportunities
- Check out our career fairs.
- Complete a paid internship with an organization such as Georgia Pacific, Anadarko Petroleum, United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality or NTG Environmental.