Hands-on, real-world experience
Are you interested in exploring potential career paths? Curious about the jobs you can get after you earn your degree? Do you want opportunities to participate in meaningful research and solve real-world problems?
At SFA, Lumberjacks pursuing majors in the Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture have plenty of opportunities to participate in transformative, hands-on learning experiences, including:
- Exciting internships with organizations and companies such as the Broiler Research Center, McQuay Stables, Sanderson Farms, Texas A&M Forest Service and Weyerhauser.
- Community outreach events like Breakfast on the Farm, the Purple Premium Cattle Sale and BioBlitz.
- Field camps, faculty research projects and work-study programs.
- Events such as the Texas GIS Forum and the Texas Association of Environmental Professionals Conference.
Find an internship today
A paid internship is a great way to “test drive” a potential employer or career path and build your professional network – and it can even pave the way to a full-time job after graduation. We encourage all Lumberjacks in the College of Forestry and Agriculture to pursue an internship during their time at SFA.
Interested in learning more about the types of internships available for your major or field of study? Browse the Internships pages by department below:
- Agriculture internships
- Environmental science internships
- Forestry internships
- Spatial science internships
To search for upcoming opportunities, visit our job board.