We believe in miracles!
Established at SFA in spring 2016, Dance Marathon is a partnership between the university and Children’s Miracle Network. Participating students fundraise throughout the year and celebrate with local Miracle Families at a springtime party with food, games, music and dancing. The annual event is planned by SFA students working to develop key professional competencies such as communication, decision making, teamwork and leadership.
Dance Marathon is a nationwide program that raises funds for 170 children’s hospitals supporting the health of 10 million kids across the U.S. and Canada each year. Donations go to local hospitals to fund critical life-saving treatments and healthcare services, along with research and equipment needed to help young patients and their families through difficult and expensive hospital stays. Donations from SFA's annual Dance Marathon support CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health Systems in Tyler.
Benefits of SFA Dance Marathon involvement include:
- Being part of a community of like-minded students interested in developing their leadership, teamwork and organization skills
- Interacting with families, medical personnel and Children’s Miracle Network staff at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health Systems in Tyler
- Participating in community service opportunities throughout the year
- Experiencing the satisfaction of raising money that directly impacts sick and injured children right here in East Texas
- Planning and hosting a fun Dance Marathon event that promotes campus unity and tradition
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, contact the SFA Dance Marathon Office today and learn how you can volunteer or make a donation “For the Kids.” You may also email Student Engagement Coordinator Amanda West for more information.