Skip to main content

Welcome back

Whether you left SFA to attend another school, or you just needed to take some time off altogether, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to return.

Curious about community college transferable hours? Check our course equivalency guide and two-year planning guides.

Requirements to apply

To re-enroll at SFA, you may not be academically suspended from another educational institution. Any transferable coursework completed after leaving SFA must have a GPA of at least 2.0.

Application process

If you have attended SFA in the past but did not enroll the previous semester, you’ll need to complete your application to SFA.

Here’s a checklist of what you will need to complete your application for re-enrollment to SFA:

  • A completed ApplyTexas application
  • Your official transcripts from any post-secondary institutions that you attended since last enrolled at SFA

The cost for applying to SFA is $50. You’ll pay this at the end of the application process. Check here to see if you qualify for an application fee waiver.

When is the application deadline?

SFA is a rolling admissions university, meaning there is no application deadline. But, you can apply any time – as early as one year before enrollment. Applying early gives returning students better access to grants, work-study and loans.

When will I hear back?

Decision letters should arrive within two to three weeks. Your former mySFA account will still be active, and once you’re readmitted you’ll have full student access.

After you apply, don’t forget:


Log on to your mySFA account right away. Financial aid offers, housing assignments, orientation confirmation and class registration are all done through mySFA. Plus, you’ll have access to the Microsoft Office Suite.

Financial Aid

Get started early! You don’t have to be admitted to apply for aid and scholarships. Learn more about the different aid options that may be available to you, like grants, loans, scholarships and more.

Bacterial meningitis vaccine

Bacterial meningitis immunization requirement

In order to live on campus or take face-to-face classes, state law requires new students have a bacterial meningitis vaccine, that is less than five years old, administered at least 10 days prior to the start of term.


Use mySFA to apply for housing as soon as you finish your admissions application if you are under 21 years old or have 60 earned college hours.


Office of Admissions
Fax: 936.468.3149
Staff directory
Admissions counselors

Physical Address:
Rusk Building
Room 206

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 13051, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962