Become an Orientation Leader
Applications will close at 5 p.m. Feb. 3.
What is Lumberjack Orientation?
This two-day event is an on-campus program hosted at SFA where participants learn about campus life and academics as well as meet other incoming freshman students. Participants reside in residence halls and eat in campus dining facilities.
What is Transfer Lumberjack Orientation?
This one-day event is hosted virtually or in person and allows students to learn about campus resources and academics while meeting other incoming transfer students. Participants will not stay overnight, but lunch is provided during in-person sessions.
What will Orientation Leaders do?
Included Lumberjack Orientation activities are listed below. Each one is a chance for you as a leader to help create a welcoming environment that allows students and their families to settle comfortably into their new lives.
- An Orientation program designed for first-year students and their families will be held on the first day. Participants will learn about campus resources that will help make their SFA career successful.
- Various peer groups will help students expand their Lumberjack network.
- Academic activities will connect the SFA class of 2027 students to faculty and staff in their intended colleges of study.
- Small group leaders will join Campus Recreation Department staff members to engage students in intramural games and unique team building exercises.
- Small groups will allow students to learn more about themselves and help find their place as Lumberjacks during the fall 2023 semester.
Mandatory dates and requirements
If you are unable to attend any of these dates, you will not be eligible to be an orientation leader this year. If you feel your reasoning for absence should be considered more thoroughly, email email@example.com and we will discuss it further with you.
- Applications Due:
- by 5 p.m. Feb. 3
- Group Interviews: (Applicants will select one time slot if selected).
- 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 17
- 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 17
- 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 18
- Individual Interviews: (If selected for an individual interview after attending group interviews).
- Feb. 22 to 24
- Weekly Spring Trainings:
- Tuesdays, 4:30 to 6 p.m. Feb. 28 through May 11 (Every Tuesday, excluding Mar. 7).
- Lumberjack Orientations: (Includes setup and staff meetings the day before each session).
- Jun. 14 to 16
- Jun. 21 to 23
- Jun. 28 to 30
- Jul. 19 to 21
- Jul. 26 to 28
- Transfer Orientations:
- Apr. 28 (virtual)
- May 19 (in-person)
- Jun. 2 (virtual)
- Jul. 14 (in-person)
- Aug. 4 (in-person)
- Work Weeks:
- May 15 through Jun. 2
- Orientation Leader Retreat:
- Jun. 5 to 7