Freshman Year: Explore
Exploring is all about figuring out what is out there and available to you. Orient yourself to college life!
- Get involved in clubs or organizations.
- Take elective courses to narrow down your interests.
- Find different volunteer work or service projects.
- Sign up for career coaching.
- Create your résumé and attend career expos.
Sophomore Year: Experiment
SFA has a ton of ways you can experiment in your college journey.
- Speak with faculty related to your field of interest.
- Participate in job shadowing programs and informational interviews.
- Look into part-time employment.
- Meet with a career coach to discuss your major or minor, career goals, interviewing tips and more.
Junior Year: Experience
What do you want your college experience to consist of? How can these experiences help prepare you for a successful future?
- Monitor your career goals.
- Consider leadership roles in organizations.
- Utilize the CCPD services (they're free)!
- Update your résumé.
Senior Year: Excel
The CCPD wants to help you succeed. Ask yourself: "What can I do in the next 24 hours to help achieve my goals? What about the next semester?"
- Shift your job search into higher gear.
- Narrow down choice of graduate or professional schools.
- Polish your professional image and attend career expos.
- Harness the power of networking.