Know your value? Have trouble communicating it to potential employers? Just want to make sure you’re doing it well? Join the Lumberjacks GROW (Guided Reflection on Work) initiative through the Center for Career and Professional Development and gain experience and tips on how best to communicate your value as a potential employee!
Lumberjacks GROW is comprised of a series of professional development activities, including interviewing, resume writing, and networking exercises and workshops. Through these activities, you will focus on communicating your experiences using the NACE Career Readiness Competencies, which include:
- Career and self-development
- Critical thinking
- Equity and inclusion
If you’re interested in participating in Lumberjacks GROW for spring 2024, please fill out this brief application and look over the dates listed below.
Lumberjacks GROW Important Dates:
- Lumberjacks GROW Application
- Due Jan. 31, 2024
- Lumberjacks GROW Orientation (must attend one, or make arrangements with CCPD staff if class or work conflicts exist)
- 5 p.m. on Feb. 1 in the Baker Pattillo Student Center, Tiered classroom (room 2.201)
- 10 a.m. on Feb. 2 in the Baker Pattillo Student Center, Tiered classroom (room 2.201)
- Professional Development Activities: (two of the following three must be attended)
- Resume Workshop
- 5 p.m. on Feb. 7 in the Baker Pattillo Student Center, Tiered classroom (room 2.201)
- Career Fair Prep Workshop
- 5 p.m. on Feb. 13 in the Baker Pattillo Student Center, Tiered classroom (room 2.201)
- All Majors Career Fair
- 1 to 4 p.m. on Feb. 21 in the Baker Pattillo Student Center, Grand and Twilight Ballrooms
- Resume Workshop
For more information on Lumberjacks GROW and access to the full list of program instructions, please visit Handshake. If you have any questions or concerns, contact our office at 936.468.3305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.