Skip to main content

Advising for the Micky Elliott College of Fine Arts

Student Resources

Micky Elliott College of Fine Arts faculty members and advisors are committed to helping students succeed academically by providing ongoing academic advising throughout the student's enrollment and rigorous standards of excellence to help them succeed in life. Our advisors have an open-door policy to ensure that they are available to answer your questions, offer advice and help you make a smooth transition to college life.

Helping you plan a program of study that fits your interests and career goals, they will help you stay on track and stay motivated along the way. Your advisor can also help you:

  • change your major or minor
  • explore potential career paths
  • identify and apply for internships
  • answer questions about academic policies
  • adjust to college life
  • file for graduation
  • and get back on track if you're struggling academically.

View unofficial degree plans and major academic planners.

Finding your advisor

To find your advisor or to make an appointment, follow the steps below:

  1. Log in to mySFA.
  2. Click on "Advising" from the menu.
  3. In the "My Advisor" box, view your primary advisor.
  4. Click on "Schedule an appointment with your advisor."

Advising FAQ

What is a degree plan? And when do I need to file one?

A degree plan summarizes what you have taken so far and what is left for you to take to complete your degree.

Undergraduates must file one after they have completed 45 hours of college credits. Graduate students must file a plan prior to completing 15 credit hours.

To start the process, visit your advisor.

What if I want to change majors or minors?

Changing your major or minor is easy. Just visit the School of Theatre and Dance administrative office.

Students on academic probation or suspension may change majors with approval from their current and receiving deans.

What is considered good academic standing, probation and suspension?

A student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to remain in good academic standing. Refer to university policy 6.4 (PDF) for details on academic probation, suspension, and eligibility for reinstatement.

Undergraduate students: Summer term is an opportunity to improve your GPA and your academic standing. If your summer term GPA is below 2.0, you will not be placed on academic suspension. Instead, your academic standing will be carried over from the spring term.

When do I file for graduation?

Visit the Office of the Registrar's Applying to Graduate webpage for complete details, including important dates and deadlines.


Micky Elliott College of Fine Arts
Dean's Office directory

Physical Address:
Griffith Fine Arts Building
Room 203

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 13022, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, Texas 75962