Comprehensive hearing loss care for the East Texas community
The Cole Audiology Lab is a full-service audiology facility on the SFA campus dedicated to serving the hearing health care needs of the residents of East Texas. The lab is open to the public as well as SFA students and employees.
Audiologists at the Cole Audiology Lab perform diagnostic hearing evaluations for patients of all ages. They also identify and treat hearing disorders as well as make appropriate referrals for all types of hearing loss.
The lab provides valuable experience for SFA students studying audiology as they participate in a real clinical setting while serving actual patients.
Information for clients
Comprehensive diagnostic hearing evaluations
- Electrophysiological evaluations
- Auditory brainstem response
- Auditory steady state response
- Distortion product otoacoustic emissions
- Auditory processing evaluations
- Hearing aid evaluation
- Hearing aid fitting
- Hearing aid follow-up care
- Hearing aid cleaning and repair
- Assistive listening devices
- FM systems
- Noise protection awareness
- Custom noise protection earplugs
Ranging from $40 and $250, fees vary based on the service performed. We do not accept health insurance, however we will assist you with filing an insurance claim.
Discount rates are available for:
- Individuals with Medicaid health coverage
- SFA students and employees
Payment plan options also are available at a 0% interest rate.
We offer a 30-day trial before you pay for hearing aids. There is a $100 nonrefundable fitting fee when the hearing aids are dispensed. If you choose to keep the hearing aids once the trial period is completed, the $100 fitting fee will go toward the cost of your hearing aids.
The Cole Audiology Lab is open to the public.
Appointments are available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday .
To schedule an appointment, call 936.468.7109.