This policy provides liability coverage for various special Athletics events (ex, liability coverage when hosting tournaments, championships, or the team's utilization of a facility off-site to practice, etc.) held by SFA throughout the year, both inside and outside of the state of Texas on non-owned SFA property. Some contracts require General Liability insurance for events that take place off site or out of state. NCAA Sports Special Events coverage is quoted and invoiced individually per event to the originating department.
When NCAA Sports Special Events coverage is desired, the originating department is responsible for compiling the required information for submission to SFA Risk Management Office:
- Name of event
- Description of event
- Location (indoors/outdoors)
- Number of days
- Number of spectators or attendees (expected)
- Additional insureds requested (name, address and fax number required)
- Will food be served? If yes, will it be provided by a third-party vendor?
- Will alcohol be served? If yes, will it be provided by a third-party vendor?
Submit your request to the SFA Risk Management Office at least 10 working days before the planned event.
This process could take a number of weeks so submitting your request in a timely manner is recommended.