For decades, one of University Marketing Communications' most important missions has been to increase the positive media coverage of SFA. We develop relationships with members of the news media and facilitate their requests for information about SFA people and programs, and we're available to assist departments with media relations and content strategy.
We produce press releases regarding achievements by students, faculty and staff members, as well as topics such as awards or grants, group trips, major donations or renovations, new programs or national recognitions. Learn more about press release distribution in the External Communications section below.
Faculty members who receive interview requests from members of the news media are encouraged to accept those requests as they see fit and as their schedules allow. Please contact the UMC office and make us aware of the interview so that we can watch for the news coverage that results. If you are contacted by a news outlet representative and are unable to accommodate a request or are uncomfortable with the request for any reason, please refer the individual to UMC. We are happy to assist in finding another interviewee, if possible.
Unsure if your item is newsworthy? Never hesitate to contact us and ask — there is almost always an outlet for sharing your area’s news. Email your college’s marketing representative or email@example.com for general inquiries.
- SFA Today: the university’s faculty- and staff-focused e-newsletter
- Shares major accomplishments and relevant news
- Designed to reduce the frequency of individual all-faculty/staff emails.
- Not designed to include any already emailed communication to the all faculty/staff listserv.
- News items must be submitted to the SFA Today email, firstname.lastname@example.org, by noon the day prior to desired publication.
- mySFA announcements
- Any employee or student may submit their own announcement through mySFA.
- UMC team members are happy to help draft any announcement, if desired.