University Marketing Communications understands the power of a good story. Our professional photography services help tell the best SFA stories, from a single portrait to an entire photo shoot.
We prioritize our services to achieve the university’s enrollment, marketing and branding goals, so we place precedence on providing images that support and enhance recruitment, retention and reputation. Due to time constraints, lower priority is given to other events, which may not be covered unless the images are deemed appropriate for recruitment, marketing or media visibility.
We assist the media and campus communities in acquiring top-quality images of the university, its faculty and students, as well as newsworthy events. Our photos have accompanied stories in newspapers, magazines and other publications around the country.
- Photography services are free for campus-related events during regular business hours. Digital studio portraits also are provided to faculty and staff members at no charge.
- Services provided outside the normal workday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday) are billed at a rate of $50 per hour per camera. Billable time includes setting up and postproduction work.
- Allow at least five working days to receive your photos. If you need your photos sooner, please let the photographer know in advance.
- To schedule a photographer, arrange for a free studio portrait or obtain any other information, call 936.468.2605. All photography should be planned as far in advance as possible.
- Ensure that individuals whose photos are taken for marketing purposes sign a photo release form granting permission to use the photo and indicating an understanding that they will not be compensated for use of the image.
- Photo release forms