The James I. Perkins College of Education will be the college of choice for students striving to achieve professional excellence through exemplary programs that are recognized at state, national and international levels.
The mission of the Perkins College of Education is to prepare competent, successful, caring and enthusiastic professionals from diverse backgrounds dedicated to responsible service, leadership, social justice and continued professional and intellectual development in an interconnected global society.
To accomplish this mission, the goals of the Perkins College of Education are to:
- Provide transformational experiences for our students.
- Promote meaningful and sustained enrollment growth.
- Attract and support high quality faculty and staff.
- Improve and maintain an optimal college culture.
- Provide academic and co-curricular innovations.
- Increase connections with stakeholders.
In the Perkins College of Education, we value and are committed to:
- academic excellence through critical, reflective and creative thinking
- life-long learning
- collaboration and shared decision-making
- openness to new ideas, culturally diverse people and innovation and change
- integrity, responsibility, diligence and ethical behavior
- and service that enriches the community.