The director of Procurement and Business Services is responsible for the overall management of university property. Property managers and property assistants are delegated the responsibility for all day-to-day activities to ensure that asset records are properly maintained. Refer to university policy 17.14 Property Inventory and Management.
For assistance, contact the property manager or property assistant, or send your questions to email@example.com.
Ann Foster, property manager
Ann-Marie Barnes, property assistant
Equipment manager (department head)
An equipment manager is delegated as the property manager for his or her department and must comply with the following:
- Responsibility as an equipment manager may not be delegated.
- The equipment manager may be held financially responsible for any property listed on his or her department property records.
- The equipment manager may name up to two designees.
A designee is named by the department head and must meet the following criteria:
- The designee may receive and submit property communications on the department head's behalf.
- The designee does not assume property responsibility in lieu of the department head.
- The designee may sign property documents on behalf of the department head.
A property custodian is an individual employee listed on property records and must comply with the following:
- The property custodian is entrusted with the care and safekeeping of specific pieces of property.
- The property custodian may be held financially responsible for any university property assigned to him or her.
Documents and Training
Our Help and Resources pages provide a collection of documents and guides to aid in managing campus property.
For employees needing to complete property training, visit Training and refer to the property section.