The director of Procurement and Business Services is responsible for the overall management of university property. Property managers and property assistants are delegated the responsibility for all day-to-day activities to ensure that asset records are properly maintained. Refer to HOP policy 05-306 (property inventory and management).
For assistance, contact the property manager or property assistant, or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equipment manager (department head)
An equipment manager is delegated as the property manager for his or her department and must comply with the following:
- Responsibility as an equipment manager may not be delegated.
- The equipment manager may be held financially responsible for any property listed on his or her department property records.
- The equipment manager may name up to two designees.
A designee is named by the department head and must meet the following criteria:
- The designee may receive and submit property communications on the department head's behalf.
- The designee does not assume property responsibility in lieu of the department head.
- The designee may sign property documents on behalf of the department head.
A property custodian is an individual employee listed on property records and must comply with the following:
- The property custodian is entrusted with the care and safekeeping of specific pieces of property.
- The property custodian may be held financially responsible for any university property assigned to him or her.