As a Stephen F. Austin State University employee, you may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. PSLF is a federal program that forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
To qualify for PSLF you must:
- Be employed by a U.S. federal, state, local, or tribal government or not-for-profit organization (federal service includes U.S. military service);
- Stephen F. Austin University is a qualifying employer
- Work full-time for that agency or organization;
- Have Direct Loans (or consolidate other federal student loans into a Direct Loan)
- Repay your loans under an income-driven repayment plan*
- Make 120 qualifying payments
How to Submit the PSLF Form
Digital Signatures with the PSLF Help Tool
Manual PSLF Form
If you prefer not to use the PSLF Help Tool, you can download and print a blank PDF of the form, complete all sections, sign it, and have your employer(s) sign it.
When submitting this form to Stephen F. Austin State University:
- Please complete and sign page one of the PSLF form, omitting your social
- Email your signed page one form to the HR at email@example.com
- Once your form has been completed, we will respond via email with your signed page 2.
- From there you will submit the form to MOHELA, the U.S. Department of Education's federal loan servicer for the PSLF Program.
- PSLF Help Tool - use this tool to evaluate your eligibility for the program. You will be required to create an account at https://studentaid.gov/
- PSLF Program FAQs
- Employer Certification Form
- MOHELA Public Service Loan Forgiveness Toll-Free Line: (855) 265-4038
Note: The Limited PSLF Waiver Opportunity Ended on October 31, 2022. The normal program requirements for both PSLF and TEPSLF have resumed. More information can be found on the Federal Student Aid website.