At Stephen F. Austin State University, staff enjoy being part of an open, collaborative, and engaged campus that is focused on student learning and student success. Regardless of what their work entails, our staff contribute to excellence in teaching, research and service. As an institution, we recognize and celebrate the outstanding contributions of our staff.
Learn more about SFA to see how you can apply your talents and passion to contribute to the outstanding academic experience that we provide our students and to explore the ways in which your work can benefit from joining our community.
SFA offers a variety of career options along with ample opportunities for growth and advancement. Visit the Careers at SFA website to view and apply for current open staff positions.
Compensation and Benefits
SFA supports its employees by offering a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Insurance (health, dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short term and long term disability)
- Retirement (TRS fixed annuity, ORP, and contributions to 403B tax-sheltered annuity and 457 deferred compensation plan)
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, and sick leave)
- Alternative work schedule and compressed work weeks
- Employee scholarship program
- Employee wellness program
- Discounts to employees (including discounted tickets to athletic and performing arts events, discounted recreation center memberships, and retail discounts through the ERS discount purchasing program)
- Access to faculty/staff meal plans
- Faculty and staff recognition (tenure and exemplary service)
Nacogdoches is considered to be the oldest and one of the most historic towns in Texas. With a population of just under 35,000, Nacogdoches has an undeniable charm. It is nestled right at the intersection of the historic El Camino Real de los Tejas and the La Calle del Norte and attracts people from all over the world, just like it did in the 1800s when Nacogdoches was considered the gateway to Texas. Learn more about what Nacogdoches has to offer: