Stephen F. Austin State University offers eligible SFA employees a high-quality competitive benefits package including:
- Insurance (health, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and short-term and long-term disability, FSA + Dependant Day Care - Flex Accounts, Limeade wellness platform)
- Retirement (Teacher Retirement System, optional retirement plan, and contributions to 403B tax-sheltered annuity and 457 deferred compensation plan - pre-tax and after tax)
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick leave)
- Employee Assistance Program (information, advice and support on a wide range of everyday issues, including counseling sessions with a licensed mental health professional, legal and financial resources, and work-life referrals)
- Alternative work schedule and compressed work weeks
- Lumberjack Education Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discounts to employees (including discounted tickets to athletic and performing arts events, discounted recreation center memberships and retail discounts through the EAP discount purchasing program)
- Access to faculty/staff meal plans
- Faculty and staff recognition (tenure and exemplary service)
When can I make changes to my benefits?
SFA employees may make changes to their benefits during the following times:
- Initial Hire - 31 days after initial eligibility
- Summer Enrollment
Summer enrollment occurs annually, generally during the month of July. An announcement including the dates of summer enrollment is sent to SFA employees via SFA Today and campuswide email.
- Qualifying Life Event Change (external website link)
Employees have 30 days after one of the following life events to make changes to their benefits:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Loss of coverage, employment status change by employee or dependent
Can I view or make changes to my benefits online?
Yes, by registering your online account through the UT system and making changes to your benefits.
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2022
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2021
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2020
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2019
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2018
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2017
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2016
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2015
- Summary of Benefits - Fiscal Year 2014