A travel request for the prospective employee must be submitted online through the Resources tab of mySFA and according to the instructions in the travel training manuals. All estimated expenses of the trip must be detailed on the travel request regardless of how they are to be paid.
Travel Expense Worksheet
The Prospective Employee Travel Expense Worksheet is available for departmental internal planning purposes. This does not need to be submitted to the Travel Office. Any actual travel expense must be submitted through SAP Concur Travel Expense Report.
Departmental Planning Checklist
- Determine which expenses will be paid by the University, what account(s) will be charged, and whether a sufficient budget is available to cover these expenses. The search committee and/or department determine what costs, if any, will be covered.
- If expenses are to be paid by the University, have prospective employee submit a completed IRS W9 form or Substitute W-9 form and Direct Deposit Authorization form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A W-9 must be on file to obtain an ID number and process travel reimbursements.
- The Travel Office will set up the Concur profile for the prospective employee and email the information to the perspectives’ delegate.
- Submit a travel request for the prospective employee. No expenses should be incurred or committed to until the travel request has been approved at all applicable levels.
- Since SFA is exempt from paying State of Texas hotel occupancy tax, provide the prospective employee a Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate to submit to the lodging establishment at check-in.
- Refer the prospective employee to the Prospective Employee Travel Expense Worksheet to help them plan their trip.
- Ensure the prospective employee is informed of the applicable sections of SFA’s Travel Guidelines.
- Ensure that travel arrangements are the most cost-effective considering all relevant circumstances, as required by state law.
- Inform the prospective employee that receipts will be required for reimbursement of expenses.
- Create Expense Report for the prospective employee. Prospective employee is still responsible of validating expenses and submitting report.
- Prospective employee will need to download the Google Authenticator app. When logging into Concur, they will need to use the app to scan the QR code for verification.