Why are internships important? In addition to providing you with valuable skills and real-world experience, they also make you more marketable as a potential employee. In fact, research has shown that today’s employers care more about your internship experience than they do about your major or your college GPA.
As a student in SFA’s College of Liberal and Applied Arts, you can take advantage of amazing internships and activities that will help you prepare for life after graduation. In fact, all of the college’s degree programs have internship course opportunities. Here are just a few ways our students are gaining real-world experience:
- internships with the City of Nacogdoches and the SFA University Press
- working under a high-level executive as part of SFA’s applied skills internship program
- working at museums, archives and historical sites
- taking field trips and attending conferences and symposia
- and practicums and field work with state, local and federal agencies.
Find an internship today
For more information about internship opportunities, visit Jobs4Jacks.